Just five ingredients create 40 sinful truffles.
Yield: Forty 1-inch truffles
Time: Prep time 30 minutes, Chill time: 2 hours. Total Time 2 hr. 30 min.
12 oz bittersweet chocolate, broken into small pieces
1/3 cup heavy cream
1-7 oz box Odense Marzipan
1 teaspoon Amaretto liqueur
1/4 cup cocoa powder or finely chopped almonds (for toppings)
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT: Grater, Wire rack for cooling mixture, Mini paper cupcake baking cups (In stores' cake decorating section).
Optional: Latex gloves (mixture is sticky!)
Tip: Never allow water to come in contact with melted chocolate. Even a drop can cause it to "seize."
1. Grate the Marzipan.
2. Use a double boiler, or create one by filling a pot with 1" of water and placing a metal bowl on top. The water must not come in contact with the bowl. Put over medium heat.
3. Add the chocolate, heavy cream and grated Marzipan. Stir constantly with a dry rubber spatula or dry wooden spoon.
4. Mixture should be melted and smooth in about ten minutes. Remove from heat and place on wire rack.
5. Whisk in amaretto liqueur. Cool bowl on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
6. Put on your latex gloves. Scoop out a rounded teaspoon of mixture, and roll into a ball.
7. Roll the truffles in the cocoa powder or finely chopped almonds. If the balls become too soft to work with, put in the freezer for a few minutes to firm up.
8. Put in tiny paper cups.
Honey Almond Sticky Buns
These buns are as sticky as they are 'yummy'! The almond-cinnamon center gives them a homemade flavor; so your guests will never know they're made with frozen bread dough.
Yield: 14 sticky buns
Time: 25 minutes to assemble. Rising time: varies. Bake time: 30-35 minutes
3 tablespoons melted butter, divided
1/2 cup honey
2 tablespoons Amaretto (almond liqueur)
1 cup sliced almonds
1-7 oz box Almond Paste or Marzipan, grated
1/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 roll (20 oz) frozen white dough, thawed*
*Thaw dough in refrigerator the night before you want to cook buns.
1. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with bit of melted butter. Pour honey and Amaretto into a microwaveable measuring cup. Heat 30-45 seconds or until slightly warm. Pour into prepared dish and sprinkle evenly with almonds.
2. Add Almond Paste, sugar and cinnamon to a medium bowl. Mix (with fingers or food processor) until fine crumbs. Set aside.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 10"x14" rectangle. Brush dough with remaining butter. Evenly sprinkle dough with Almond Paste mixture. Starting at 14 inch side, tightly roll up dough. Pinch seam together and place seam side down on counter.
4. Cut into 1" wide slices (approx. 14 buns), dipping a serrated knife into flour between cuts. Place cut side down into honey.
5. Preheat oven to 375°F. Cover buns with wax paper and a towel. Let dough rise until double in size (25-35 minutes, depending on temperature of room).
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Cool 1-2 minutes and loosen edges. Cover baking dish with serving platter and invert. Serve warm and enjoy the raves.